The regular Autumn General Meeting of the Latvian Academy of Sciences (LAS) will convene on Thursday, November 23, 2023, starting at 2PM. Conferring of the LAS Grand Medal 2023 and the elections of new members of the academy are on the agenda of the meeting. The Senate of the LAS has announced 11 vacancies for full members, 14 vacancies for corresponding members and 2 vacancies for foreign members.
The LAS Grand Medal is awarded to PhD Pauls Stradiņš*, LAS foreign member, for outstanding achievements in the field of silicon photovoltaics and long-term practical cooperation with Latvian scientists.
The second laureate of the LAS Grand Medal – Dr.med.vet. Aivars Bērziņš, LAS full member - will be honoured at the LAS Spring General Meeting in April 2024. Aivars Bērziņš is awarded the LAS Grand Medal for the research on the molecular epidemiology of zoonotic pathogens having significant impact on public health.
- Receiving ballots and voting takes place at the Registration.
- Introduction by the LAS President Ivars Kalviņš.
- Awarding of the LAS Grand Medal 2023 to Pauls Stradiņš, LAS foreign member.
- Laudatio for LAS Grand Medal 2023 laureate Pauls Stradiņš by academician Linards Skuja.
- Academic report by LAS Grand Medal 2023 laureate Pauls Stradiņš.