Following the decision of the Latvian Academy of Sciences’ (LAS) Senate, the extraordinary LAS General Meeting is to convene on Wednesday, 27 October 2021, at 2PM. Taking into consideration the recent government announcement of the introduction of strengthened security measures as of 21 October 2021, the LAS General Meeting will be held online. Therefore, the agenda of the meeting is shortened and adjusted to a virtual mode, excluding from it the awarding ceremony of the laureates of 2020 LAS Prizes.
General Meeting Agenda
- Introduction by the LAS President Dr. Ivars Kalviņš.
- Virtual awarding of the LAS Grand Medal to Edīte Kaufmane.
- Laudatio for Edīte Kaufmane by Inese Ebele, Head of the Horticulture Institute.
- “Development of horticulture and horticulture science – accomplishments and challenges”, academic lecture by Edīte Kaufmane.
- Report by LAS Secretary General Baiba Rivža on LAS activities in 2020.
- Report by Chair of LAS Supervisory Council Juris Krūmiņš.